New Name. New Time. New Route.
The Moonlight Bike Ride is back and better than ever — with a new name, new time and new route that includes the return of the popular ride through the Meritex caves!
Riders will enjoy the nine-mile, closed-course route down 95th Street and the return of the unique ride through the Meritex caves, back by popular demand. The course ends back near Old Town. Following the ride, stay for the pancake breakfast.
Proceeds benefit the local community through Optimist-sponsored projects.
All participants are required to wear a helmet, and bicycles must have a front light and rear reflector in order to ride.
Registration and Packet Pickup
- Early-bird registration (deadline TBD): $20 for adults and $15 for children 12 and under.
- After early-bird deadline: $25 for adults, and $20 for children 12 and under.
- Packet pickup: Friday, July 22, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, July 23, from 8-9:30 p.m. at the Lenexa Community Center.
- Several easy ways to register:
- In person: Lenexa Community Center, 13420 Oak St.t, Lenexa, KS 66215
- By mail: Send completed form and registration fee to the Lenexa Community Center, 13420 Oak Street, Lenexa, KS 66215
- Online: ($2.30 convenience fee); deadline for online registration is TBD. After that date, participants may register in person at the Community Center or at the event.
Pancake feed is $6 per person.
Fees are non-refundable. Organizers reserve the right to cancel in the event of bad weather, unavoidable situations, or to ensure event safety.
Want to be a sponsor of the event? Contact Jan Huff Soper by email at email@example.com.