Open Gym – Lenexa Community Center
Lenexa Community Center Gym Schedule
View Entire Gym Schedule
After-school Open Gym
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays are for youth in grades 8 and under
- Thursdays are for youth in grades 9 and over (through age 18).
Summer Open Gym (through August)
Any days and times that the gym is not programmed for other activities, it will be open for all ages. Please call ahead to confirm availability (913-477-7100). Cost is $1 per participant.
Holiday Open Gym
- Youth 12 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- For adults only
- 14 laps = 1 mile
- For adults only
Senior Open Gym
- For adults 55+ only
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
|After School Open Gym||Holiday Open Gym||Morning Walkers||Noontime Basketball||Senior Open Gym|
|12 years and younger||Free||Free||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Adults (18 years+)||N/A||$1/participant||Free||$1/participant||N/A|
Open Gym Rules and Regulations:
- Open gym is limited to capacity of the gym. The normal capacity of the gym is 75. The city reserves the right to further limit capacity. Lenexa residents shall be given priority if the gym reaches capacity.
- Coaching is not allowed during Open Gym.
- Users assume all risks associated with the use of this facility. Use may result in injury. This facility may not be appropriate for all children. Open Gym is not supervised by staff. A signed Release from Liability Waiver must be on file for all open gym participants. ADULT SUPERVISION IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times including shirts and athletic shoes. Black soled shoes are prohibited except for sneakers with non-marking soles. No undergarments may be showing.
- If any accident or injury occurs, please notify a staff member. Report all unsafe conditions to a staff member.
- Protect your personal belongings. The city is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- No running or bouncing balls in the hall. No kicking of volleyballs or basketballs in the gym.
- Please return all balls to their proper receptacle or to the office at the conclusion of play.
- You are expected to be on your best behavior. Please report profanity, fighting, spitting, gambling, horseplay, or destruction of property to a staff member. These actions will not be tolerated and will result in discipline. Discipline may include, but not be limited to, requesting you to leave the premises and/or contacting the police and/or suspension of your privilege to use Open Gym, and for minors, informing your parent or guardian.
- No food or drink allowed in the gymnasium. Water fountains are available in the hallway.
- The city reserves the right to close open gym due to other scheduled programs or events.
- The city reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the premises.
Each participant will be required to have a signed waiver and release form on file prior to participating. Individuals under age 18 will be required to have a waiver and release signed by a legal guardian.
The city reserves the right to:
- Limit number of participants
- Ask anyone to leave at anytime, for any reason
- Close open gym due to other scheduled program/events
- Confirm residency status at any time
- Residents only. Residents are permitted to bring one non-resident per visit. (Participants grades 9 and over are required to show proof of residency at time of entry.)
- Visit the website for a calendar view of open gym days and times; schedule changes will be posted. Details subject to change.
- Basketballs not provided.