Tiny Tots Triathlon
Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017
Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park
(Enter at 87th Street Parkway and Greenway; park near Community Gardens)
Preschoolers will bike, run, get wet and go down an inflatable slide on their way to the finish line where everyone receives a medal. Parent assistance is required, as the participants will be riding their bike 1,200 feet, running 600 feet and getting wet towards the end (no swimming will take place). The kids will also get to go through a special "car wash" made just for them.
Bring these items
- Bicycle or tricycle
- Tennis shoes
- Comfortable clothes that can get wet.
- Swim diaper (if still in diapers or pull up)
- A change of clothes.
You may check in from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. The event will run from 10 to 11 a.m., with groups of participants starting every few minutes (so, there's no need to get there right at 10 a.m.).
Participants will receive a wristband at check in. We will mark that wristband showing that they have completed the course.
- Do not leave your bicycle or tricycle unattended during the event, as we are not responsible for any damage or theft.
- An adult is required to accompany the participant along the course. Other siblings outside of the age range of 3-6 years old are not allowed to participate on the course for everyone safety due to space constrictions.
- Spectators are welcome to watch in the grass outside of the course, but please do not enter the trail or the inside grass area of the course.
- Participants can do the course up to two times, so we can make sure everyone who wants to has an opportunity to participate.
- Participants will receive a medal as they cross the finish line.
For inclement weather questions, please contact our hotline at 913.477.7170.