Rain to Recreation
Protecting water quality
Rain to Recreation protects water quality by preventing and reducing pollution on a watershed level through:
- educating residents on ways to prevent pollution and reduce stormwater runoff
- finding ways to engage the community – residential and professional – in protecting stormwater
- responding to emergency spills and pollution complaints
- issuing permits for commercial businesses, construction sites and land development to prevent pollution,
- as well as inspecting permitted job sites for compliance
- utilizing green infrastructure and stormwater Best Management Practices to treat and reduce runoff
- monitoring lakes, creeks and streams for pollution, identifying problem areas and planning protection.
See the work Rain to Recreation does in Lenexa.
Award winning Lake Lenexa at Black Hoof Park is one of the city's many Rain to Recreation Projects.
For more information about anything related to stormwater or the Rain to Recreation program, contact our staff for additional assistance.