Contact Us
Department Contact Information

This form is intended for general questions for the city and is forwarded to a general email address. It is not monitored 24/7.
If your question requires immediate assistance (Court, Police, Fire, etc.), please contact that department directly.
Contact Form


Security Measure

Forms & Documents

The following forms and documents are used in the Municipal Court process. Please follow the instructions indicated on each form.  

Community Service Log

Use this form only if you are a defendant who has appeared in court and made arrangements with the judge to perform community service in lieu of payment. You must submit this log to the court clerks for verification once complete.  Submit to courts@lenexa.com or fax 913.477.7619. This list of community service opportunities is not exhaustive as community service may be performed at any non-profit at which you are not being paid. For assistance locating a community service opportunity, please contact Uncover KC.

Discovery request form  

Use this form only if you are a defendant (or your attorney) who has been charged with an offense in Lenexa Municipal Court and wish to obtain police reports or other materials related to your pending case.  

Diversion information packet and application 

If you have been charged with a violation, please complete this packet and bring it with you to your court date. If your violation is alcohol or drug-related, you must get an evaluation through a certified agency. That evaluation must be given to the prosecutor before your court date.  

Open records request form

If you would like to request a court-related public record, please complete this form and file it with the court clerk’s office by mail, email, fax or in-person:  

Municipal Court
City of Lenexa, Kansas
12400 W. 87th St. Pkwy
Lenexa, KS 66215 


Fax: 913.477.7619 

Out-of-state attorney form

If you are an attorney who is not licensed in Kansas, you may file to practice in Lenexa Municipal Court on a case-by-case basis by filling out this form.  

Petition for expungement

You have the right to have your conviction or arrest removed from your criminal record after a certain number of years, as dictated by K.S.A. 12-4516. Please file a completed petition for expungement, along with the non-refundable $50 filing fee, with the Lenexa Municipal Court. If the petition is granted, a $100 processing fee will be assessed.

Public Defender application

You have the right to have an attorney represent you.  If you are unable to afford to hire an attorney, you MAY qualify for court-appointed counsel if (1) you are charged with an offense for which the court would impose a jail sentence if convicted; AND (2) you are found to be indigent.  If you are charged with an offense for which the court would impose a jail sentence if convicted, you may review the United States poverty guidelines at https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines to determine if you would be found indigent.  If you believe you are indigent and would qualify for court-appointed counsel, please complete the public defender application and return it to the court as soon as possible.

Subpoena form

You have the right to subpoena witnesses to ensure their appearance at a trial by completing this form and filing it with Lenexa Municipal Court.